Εγκατασταση CB σε 5πορτο sportage...

Φωκίων

Εγκατασταση CB σε 5πορτο sportage...

Post by Φωκίων »

CB Antenna installation…..

Discussing it with many people, I couldn’t find a satisfactory way of passing the cable in. Obviously I also wanted a “correct” installation without problems of water inside e.t.c.

So I came up with this idea……

Note: I have a 5 door that has a spare tire rack to mount the antenna - 2 door ones and long ones …. Sorry don’t know!!!!!

Steps
1.I went to my friend that has a welder ( I don’t ) and after we scrub the paint off, from the spare tire rack, we welded a piece of metal 8cm X 8cm ( petty big as you can see) and drilled the hole at the appropriate diameter.
2.I have found that a good way and location is the rear light ( driver side )
3.Took it off
4.Using a plier ( not very professional but I was in a hurry it would rain shortly) I have opened a slot of about 1 cm deep, since when placing the light back I didn’t want the cable to be cutted on the edge. This is on the low area and still there is enough metal up until the base so water doesn’t get in.
5.Having the light out using a file I made a small opening on the outer plastic edge so the cable could go behind the light down the slot. Don’t worry, there is plenty of room behind the light for the cable to run, to light won’t be popped out!!
6.Put everything back in place!!!!

I will stop here since from that point on the location of the CB device will determine from were you can pass the cable.

F.Y.I. I have screwed it under the dash right under the fog light switches.

Things still to do

1.Cut the base smaller and paint it!!!!
2.Use some short of sealant on the light’s edge
3.Seal in the same unknown at the moment way the slot I opened on the sheet metal behind the light.

For photos of the procedure go here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/490004/10.

Return to “KIA Club”